What is NODE.JS
Features of Node.JS
- Single Threaded and Highly Scalable
- Fast and Scalable
- Asynchronous and event-driven
- No Buffering
Where to use Node.JS
- Single Page Applications
- I/O Applications
- Data Streaming Applications
- Application Program Interface(API) Applications
Components of Node.JS
- Importing required modules :Node.Js modules are imported using “Require” directive.
- Create Server : A server which listens to client’s requests is created
- Read request : The server created will read the HTTP request.
- Return response : Response is returned on a browser or console.
Read Eval Print Loop (REPL)
- Eval : Evaluate the data structure.
- Print : Print the result.
- Loop: Until the ctrl+c is pressed twice by the user, loop the above command.
NODE PACKAGE MANAGER (NPM)
The two main functionalities of NPM are:
- Online repositories are searchable on search.nodejs.org for node js packages/modules.
- Command line utility do version management and dependency management to install packages of Node.JS.
The truth is that Node.JS has become popular worldwide and according to the Stack Overflow’s Developer survey it is the most used technologies by developers. It is also the fastest growing popular framework over the past five years.
At Krify, we are working on various Node.JS applications like SURF, SOURCEGY, JUMP, HURDLE,etc. We put our continuous efforts on the projects and get the best quality output satisfying our customers to the core. To check our projects visit krify.co and if you have a project idea contact us.