In today’s fast pace world, messaging has become an essential requirement as it creates an ecosystem for connecting with people socially. Today, we can see a number of messaging apps emerging day by day.
Messenger apps are changing mobile, to the benefit of brands and the mobile messaging space is getting increasingly cramped with so many chatting applications.
Among numerous messaging apps, Whatsapp, WeChat, Telegram
are preferred apps that are widely used each day. All these apps are not equally featured. Let’s see..
Whatsapp is an Instant messaging application for smartphones. It is available for Android, IOS, Blackberry, Symbian and Windows Phones. It provides features which includes
- Chatting option
- Group chatting option limit up to 30.
- Allow users to send photos and videos.
- Sending map locations
- It has Standard Emoticons
WeChat is Mobile phone text and voice messaging application. It is available for Android, IOS, Blackberry, Symbian and Windows Phones. It provides the features same as Whatsapp and also some advanced features includes
- Drift Bottle
- Look Around
- Voice chatting
- Video chatting
- Customized Emoticons
- Web WeChat
- Group chatting option limit up to 40.
Telegram Messenger is a free and partially open source cross-platform messenger with a focus on security. It is available for Android and IOS (including tablets and no-Wi-Fi devices). The additional features it provide includes
- High Security & privacy
- Cloud Storage
- Sending video files up to 1024 MB
- Option to send Files, Documents, PPT.
Applications of messaging apps:-
- It connects people regardless where they are actually located.
- It allows real time communication between people.
- Transfer of information is very high.
- Companies also use instant messaging as part of their daily business routine.
- For marketers, messenger apps usher in another opportunity to integrate into the fabric of consumers’ mobile activity
Mobile Messaging Apps Threatens Technology and Telecom Giants. Hence Social messaging apps are not only growing in numbers but they are generating revenues too..