Belledone Communications from France developed Linphone for linux platform basically. Later on, it started supporting various other platforms like MS Windows and Mac OS X and mobile environments like Android, iOS, iPhone, etc.
Linphone is an open source Voice over Internet Protocol and Session Initiation Protocol. As it is an open source code, it is used to build mobile apps and these apps can be used to make free international calls to the phones. The respective phones must have these apps downloaded to utilize the facility of making free international calls. You can also send Instant free text messages and videos through this app.
If you would like to utilize the free calling feature, you must Sip-server available as it takes care of the call setup and without this you cannot make the phone calls. Also, G729 codec should be enabled. It is an audio data compression algorithm. It is preferred more and used in VOIP as its bandwidth requirements are low.
- Basic Linphone App with Customization with Own branding
- App to App calling
- App to mobile calling
- Multiple calls management
- Call transfer, pause and resume
- Audio conferencing (merge calls into a conference)
- Instant Messaging
- Pictures and files sharing
- Address Book
- Call History
- Display of advanced call statistics
- Echo Cancellation
- Quality of Service
- Secure communications: zRTP, DTLS, SRTP
- Bluetooth headset support
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Arabic
- Account creation assistant
- Dedicated tablet user interface
- Audio using codecs such as G722,G729,SILK, SPEEX
- Video calls using codecs such as VP8, H264, MPEG4
- Integration with push notification (requires compatible SIP server, linphone.org sip service has push enabled)
- Peer to Peer Audio and Video calling using ICE Support.
All the functionalities of Linphone are built around Liblinphone. To add video and audio calls, Liblinphone is used often. It is a core engine. Krify has expertise in customizing Linphone based on the needs and demands of its Clients. Krify’s team of experts can develop multiple mobile apps with Linphone such as Ring To India, Gost App, Sim 2 Dial etc.