X-code is an integrated development environment (IDE) developed and endorsed by Apple Inc. It contains a suite of software development tools for developing software for iOS,OS X, watchOS and tvOS.
Xcode supports C, C++, Java, Python, AppleScript, Objective-C, Objective C++, Ruby, Rez and Swift source code. It supports these programming languages with a variety of programming models.
It was first released as X-code version 1.0 in fall of 2003. Over the years the latest major update in X-code versions was announced at Apple’s World Wide Developers Conference in June 2015 as version 7 of X-code. Xcode 7 and Swift 2.0 are big upgrades.
X-code 7 was introduced with support of Swift 2 and Metal for OS X. It also adds support for deployment on iOS devices without an Apple Development license. X-code 7 came up with some features that enables developers to develop creative apps for iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and Mac. Swift updates has made it faster that lets you to write and read code easily. The new User interface testing feature can also record the app in action and can generate tests for you.
Some of the interesting features of X Code 7 are as follows:
- Improved Playgrounds for developing attractive documentation, interactive educational content and easy to follow experiments.
- Better Testing with user interface testing and code coverage. The Test Navigator makes it simple to navigate, edit and run your tests. Testing assistants keep the tests and app code in line in paired editors that allows to work on them together.
- Interface Builder empowers developers by giving control over latest features in OS X, iOS and watchOS. Stack views naturally group collections of views that results in their consistent behaviour together and then that reacts as group to the surrounding UI. For creating complex, immersive interfaces, it also supports for storyboard references.
- Code coverage displays icons beside the code to indicate which test is being tested and which code is not.
- Powerful design tools for iOS and Mac game developers. New level editor for SceneKit allows rich scene editing with great control over an immersive 3D world.
- And many more awesome features…..
X-code 7.2 release and features
The latest stable version of X-code is 7.2 (download here) that includes support for iOS 9.2, tvOS 9.1, OS X 10.11.2 and watchOS 2.1. It comes with some additional and amazing new features as follows:
Swift: The Swift compiler is now stricter on non-modular header files. The compiler will run into issues if the same header file is accessible both through Header Search Paths and Framework Search Paths, even if there are symbolic links involved. In these cases, you should prefer using Framework Search Paths alone.
Linker: The new Linker supports order file when bitcode is enabled. Also, it supports unexported symbols when bitcode is enabled.
Xcode 7.3 beta 2 version releases
The latest update on Xcode version is release of Xcode 7.3 beta 2. It includes Xcode IDE, Instruments, Simulator, Swift 2 compiler and latest beta SDks for OS X, iOS, watch OS and tvOS. This Xcode beta allows better code completion and support for alternative Swift toolchains.
Apple claims that it has been designed in a way such that code completion will be done in fewer keystrokes. The X-code beta includes SDKs for iOS 9.3, OS X version 10.11.4, watchOS 2.2 and tvOS 9.2.
Krify’s hold over iOS Domain
iOS app development is one of the key expertise area of Krify. Our expert team of iOS developers are well equipped to create apps with customized functionalities with all iOS generations. Our iPhone and iPad app developers are well versed to develop apps with latest versions of Swift, X-code and other tools.
Hire our iPhone and iPad developers to create standard and high quality iOS apps and products that complements your requirements.