Today, We are coming a day early to the weekend with a Weekly roundup on the best Mobile App Development Languages to choose for the mobile app development in mid 2018 with future focus on App and PlayStore updates followed by User-Centric-Design trends.
No doubt, mobile app development is one of the most successful, emerging area in the software development arena. Even though this mobile app development industry started in 2008, it has survived a long ten years journey and has a bright future head – in spite of wearables and other apps.
The Best Mobile App Development Languages Available to learn and Develop your skills
Developers should be up-to-date with new skills and new programming languages (supporting both front-end and back-end) which are on high demand.
Here is the list of programming languages of 2018 which are carefully composed. This would help you to select which programming language is best to choose for the application you are going to develop.
This would help you to select which programming language is best to choose for the application you are going to develop.
Java stands first in the most used mobile app development languages. It is very popular among developers as it runs on all platforms including Android. It is an open source language having several real-time users.
List of mobile apps developed in Java
- 2048 (I think all have played it)
- VLC media player
- Bitcoin Wallet
Advantages of Java
- Stable and enterprise computing
- Code reusability and availability of third-party libraries
- Automatic memory management implemented by Garbage Collection
- Simple, fast and multi-threaded
Disadvantages of Java
- Occupies more memory compared to C and C++
- Compiler is not well optimized
- Basic classes in the class library are lacking important features
- Poor features in GUI
Python is one of the most popular high-level programming languages used in app and web development. It is easy to learn and have great readability also helps in creating android apps from scratch.
List of apps and websites developed in Python
- Food Plus
- World of Tanks
Advantages of Python
- Object-oriented programming is driven
- Supports multiple systems and platforms
- Provide large and extensive support libraries
- Improved programmers productivity
Disadvantages of Python
- Has limitations with database access
- Slower in speed
- Not good for multi-processor / multi-core work
- Run time errors
PHP is a server-side scripting language used to create android and ios apps. Apart from server-side scripting, it is also used for command line scripting and coding applications. The WYSIWYG interface offered by PHP gives developers a robust platform to create, test and deploy mobile applications.
List of mobile apps developed in PHP
- E-commerce applications like Ubercart and Opencart
- School feed
- Family Tree
- Diamond dash
Advantages of PHP
- It has a centralized database
- Open source and powerful library support
- Cross-platform and easy to use
- Use wire-frame before coding
Disadvantages of PHP
- Tough to use to program large applications
- It is not extremely modular
- Large applications are tough to keep up
- Lack of options to modify core behavior
- Facebook Ads
- Air Asia app
- Soundcloud Pulse
- Fast and efficient
- Saves bandwidth
- Highly interactive and dynamic
- Single code base
- May not have access to the latest APIs
- Slow app performance compared to native
- Client-side security
- Browser support is not always the same for client-side scripts
C is an old programming language which works well with modern developers. C++ comes from the family of C and it is an object-oriented programming language. These have tons of features.
List of applications developed in C / C++
- Winamp media player
Advantages of C / C++
- High function libraries
- Fast and efficient
- Object oriented
Disadvantages of C / C++
- Code redundancy
- Size of the program is incremental
- Less efficiency
- Lack of garbage collection
Swift has the potential to reshape the future. It is used for building high-performance, powerful and interactive apps for IOS and Mac OS. There is an increasing usage across different platforms.
List of applications developed in Swift
- Flappy IOS
- Wire iPhone
Advantages of Swift
- Extremely easy to learn if you know objective C
- Improved safety and performance
- Open source and easy to learn
- Need less coding to develop an app
Disadvantages of Swift
- The language is still young
- Limited talent pool
- Lack of support for earlier IOS versions
- Poor interoperability with third-party tools and IDEs
List of applications developed in HTML5
- Zoho books
- LinkedIn app
- Zoho docs
Advantages of HTML5
- Cross-browser support
- Develop games using canvas tags
- Easy and clean coding
- Supports videos and audios
Disadvantages of HTML5
- Takes more time to build mobile applications
- Doesn’t have adaptation control
- Have media licensing issues
- Security elements offered are restricted
C# is a multi-paradigm programming language, which is component and object-oriented. It is designed by Microsoft as a part of the .NET framework. It is used to build native mobile apps on Xamarin for both Android and IOS instead of writing separate apps in Java and Swift.
List of applications developed in C#
- OLO Food App
Advantages of C#
- Object oriented language
- Safer to run
- Automatic garbage collection
- More legible coding
Disadvantages of C#
- Slower to run and compile
- Less flexible
- Doesn’t support multiple inheritance
- No templates and therefore type-safe collections are not easy
Weekly Top Mobile App Development Language Take-Aways:
Although you may get the idea about the programming languages for building the mobile apps in 2018, it is not easy to pick a specific language for your app.
Hire a professional mobile app developer who will understand your real requirements and design an application which communicates clearly with your target audience.
Krify is one of the leading mobile development companies having a professional and well-established team. Get mobile application as per your business requirements at most affordable prices. High quality is our assurance and customer satisfaction is our priority. Happy and looking forward to serving you.
Do you know how we work?
Contact us today on a click away.!